- Posted by admin
- On September 20, 2018
Toshiba Error Code 0xc0000185 occurs when the Boot Configuration Data gets corrupted somehow. Toshiba laptop offers you great help both offline as well as online. Errors like these will obviously make your work difficult. Toshiba is one of the leading distributors of electronic devices especially laptops and its components. But this does not mean that they are free from errors and glitches. This is because system errors are part of technology. Furthermore, improper handling of your laptop can lead to system errors like this.
Possible Reasons For Toshiba Error Code 0xc0000185
Error codes are always possible to repair if you are aware of the defects which are causing the issues. This is, in fact, your first step to resolve your Toshiba problem.A corrupted system update can cause system error codes. Sometimes outdated drivers can play a vital role in terms of causing this error. Moreover, third-party antivirus sometimes disables some key system drivers hence you encounter the error code. In addition to that, the accumulation of improper temporary files can cause defects leading to your system.
Steps To Solve Toshiba Error Code 0xc0000185
The easy ways to resolve your Toshiba system error is given. Take a glimpse to get rid of your problem on your own.
Fix Boot Configuration Error
- Put your CD, DVD, or flash drive where your Windows Installation media is loaded.
- Then you have to press F12 repeatedly at the time of boot to open the “Boot Mode”.
- Select the option “Windows Boot Manager (TOSHIBA). Now click on “Next” to move to “Windows Setup Menu”.
- Then choose “Repair your computer” and pick up the “Troubleshoot” option. At this point choose the “Advanced options”.
- After that, you have to move to the “Command Prompt” and type “Bootrec /fixmbr” and press Enter.
- Use the command “Bootrec /scanos” and hit the Enter button.
- You have to use “Bootrec /rebuildbcd” and hit the Enter.
- Now press “A” on your keyboard for adding the installation to the boot list. Press Enter. Terminate the Command Prompt window and click the “Continue” option to go to the desktop.
Deactivate Your Firewall
- Go to the “Start” button search “Firewall”.
- Now select the “Windows Firewall”. In the Windows Firewall window enable “Turn Windows Firewall on or off” option.
- Now activate the “Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended)” option. Now save the changes by clicking OK.
Disable Your Antivirus Temporarily
- Press the “Ctrl +Alt +Del” button together to open the “Task Manager” of your computer.
- The Task Manager window appears on your screen. Then switch to the “Processes” tab.
- Discover your antivirus process, then right-click on it. Now, select the “End task” option to end the ongoing process.
Protect Your Computer From Harmful Virus
You need to protect your computer from malicious threats. For that, you should have a licensed version of antivirus which is efficient enough to kill them. A powerful antivirus such as Kaspersky or Quick Heal is capable enough to run a full scan on your system.
Contact Toshiba Support For More Issues Resolved
Toshiba service offers you the best deals whenever you are facing any technical glitches. Our experienced Tech-experts will guide you in the most efficient manner possible. Toshiba support understands that you are in a lot of trouble when you face situations like this. For that, you have our Toshiba Support Number 1-800-505-1746 to call our engineers and discuss your issues with us. You can also email us or use our Live Chat Portal to communicate with the support team regarding Toshiba Error Code 0xc0000185.